Penne Pasta Arrabiata
Penne Pasta Arrabiata is an Italian specialty and this delicious dish is loaded with flavors. The red chili flakes perfectly blends with the garlic and tomato sauce. The flavors of fresh parsley and oregano and the juiciness of the sauce make every bite simply perfect. This scrumptious dish served with a choice of bread can make a meal to linger over. So, grab the chance of making the recipe at home and let your kids enjoy
- Penne:250 grams
- Olive oil:3tbsp
- Tomatoes:5 medium
- Garlic:10 cloves (chopped)
- Onion:2 (sliced)
- Tomato puree:½ cup
- Red chili:1 tsp (crushed)
- Oregano:½ tsp
- Fresh parsley:1 tbsp
- Salt:according to taste
- Boil the penne in plenty of salt water with a teaspoon of oil so that it does not stick.
- Cook well and drain the excess water and keep aside to cool.
- Now blanch the tomatoes and remove the seeds and chop them.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the red chili flakes and onions and fry till the onions become transparent.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Next, add the tomato puree, salt and oregano and mix properly.
- Cook for a few minutes till the sauce becomes thick.
- Now heat the remaining olive oil in another pan and add some herbs of your choice like basil or thyme and add the penne and toss.
- Add the sauce and gently mix.
- Do not use a spatula or spoon for mixing, as the penne may break.
- Garnish it with parsley and serve hot.