Breastfeeding is one of the most natural and unique experience for a mother and baby. It may take some time for first time mothers to get used to breastfeeding and get acquainted with the right ways to do so. At Mothers Zone, we give you useful insights and tips from experienced mothers to help you enjoy this experience and give your baby the best feeding.
Problems Mothers Face:
It may seem like you are facing many breastfeeding problems in the beginning. One of the most common ones is understanding whether your baby is getting enough milk. There is no direct guide to help you understand this, but if you pay careful attention to your baby, you will understand when he is hungry and when his stomach is full.
If your baby is healthy, seems contented after breastfeeding sessions and is gaining weight, you can be reassured that he is getting all the milk he needs. Pay attention to the signs like crying, smacking lips, making sucking noises, turning his head towards you while opening his mouth, etc. since they will tell you when your baby is hungry and needs feeding. With time, patience, the right support and efforts, you and your baby will get the hang of breastfeeding and you will feel close to your baby due to the cuddly positions.
Most Suitable Breastfeeding Positions:
Though it is ideal to choose a position that is most comfortable for you and your baby, Mothers Zone offers 3 most simple ways to cradle your baby. You can also choose special pillows, folded blankets and towels that can help you hold your baby in a comfortable position.
- The Cradle Hold – Keep your baby lengthwise across your abdomen. You must use one hand to support his head and support his bottom with the other hand.
- The Football Hold – Keep your baby beside your face lengthwise. Place him along your arm and support his head to your breast. For mothers who have had a C-Section, this might seem like a comfortable position.
- Lying Down Hold Position–lay your baby on the bed with you on your right side and the baby on his left. The baby’s mouth should be at the height of your nipples or slightly lower. Adjust your baby’s mouth towards your nipple and hold the baby with your other arm.
Benefits of Breastfeeding:
- Breastfeeding protects your baby from various illnesses – According to a study conducted by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, children who are breastfed have a 20% lower risk of dying between the age of 28 days and a year than those who weren’t breastfed. The substance called secretory immunoglobulin A (IgA) is the immune factor that work that protects your baby from different illness in his infant age.The substance creates a layer on the membranes of your baby, thus guarding him against invading germs. The protection from breastfeeding continues even after you stop the feeding. Studies have proven that breastfeeding protects children from developing early age cancers as well.
- Nutrients for your baby – Since your breast milk is created especially for your child, it is full of necessary nutrients like proteins, vitamins and minerals in the perfectly right amount. Also, as your baby grows, the milk also changes to keep up with the changing needs of your baby. Human milk is easier to digest as well for toddlers.
- Stronger brains – Studies have shown that babies who have been breastfed score high on IQ tests and also get great scores and teacher ratings in their academics.
- Convenient and easily portable – At Mothers Zone, we highly emphasize on the ease of breast milk since you don’t have to heat it, boil it or sterilize bottles to feed your baby. A mother’s milk is at the right temperature and is always fresh and healthy for the baby. Also, since it is always with you, you don’t need to refrigerate or carry it with you separately when going for shopping or long travels.
- Benefits of breastfeeding to mothers – Breastfeeding is known to provide remarkable benefits to moms as well. You can be protected from breast cancer, ovarian cancer and weak bones at a later stage in life.
Breastfeeding provides ample of benefits to both, the mom and the baby. It may seem like breastfeeding problems are ruling your world in the beginning of motherhood but once you get the right breastfeeding positions, you will surely develop a strong bond with your baby and continue your special relationship!
For any further questions or breastfeeding problems, feel free to contact our experts at Mothers Zone.
- The Brahmani and the Mongoose - May 8, 2021
- Top 10 Healthy Drinks Which Will Slake Your Thirst This Summer - May 7, 2016
- Key Benefits Children Gain from Going to Summer Camp - May 7, 2016
- Mothers Day Special Bollywood Songs - April 26, 2016
- Navaratri: A Festival of Nine Nights of Fast and Prayer - April 6, 2016
- Baby Girl Names Inspired By Goddess Durga - April 6, 2016
- Smart Saving Plans That Can Secure Your Child’s Future - March 28, 2016
- Tips to Keep Your Child Safe this Holi - March 17, 2016
- Holi - March 10, 2016
- Tips To Teach Your Child to Respect Women for a Healthy Relationship - March 7, 2016