Strawberry Basil Ice Cream
Instead of going out hunting for a different flavored ice cream for your guests, try making strawberry basil ice cream at home. Juicy strawberries and fresh basil pair perfectly with ice cream and this is worthy of serving to dinner guests. This frozen treat is delicious and the flavor is very refreshing.
- Condensed milk: 1 can
- Evaporated milk: 1 can
- Whole milk: 1 ½ cups
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Salt: a pinch
- Fresh strawberries: few (coarsely chopped)
- Basil: 2 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice: 2 tbsp
- Whisk together the first five ingredients and cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Now add strawberries, basil, lemon juice in a food processor to finely chop them.
- Stir the mixture into chilled milk and pour the mixture into a freezer of an electric ice cream maker and freeze as per the instructions.
- Remove the container containing the ice cream from the maker and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Now transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for 4-5 hours till firm.