Falooda Kulfi is a wonderful dessert recipe that serves as best summertime treats. This delicacy is popular with street vendors all over the country and is appreciated by all. Falooda made with cornstarch looks like rice noodles and kulfi, as you know is an Indian ice cream. Topped with sev along with dry fruits and rose syrup, this dessert is simply awesome. So try making this recipe at home this summer season and enjoy it.
For falooda sev
- Cornflour: 75 grams
- Ice cube: 10
For the kulfi
- Milk: 1 ltr (full fat)
- Sugar: 1/3 cup
- Saffron strands: a few
- Cornflour: 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder: ¼ tsp
- Soak saffron in little warm milk in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now dissolve cornflour in 2 tbsp of water and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a broad pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the cornflour solution and sugar and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and simmer till the milk is less than half of its original quantity.
- Let it cool completely.
- Add the cardamom powder and the saffron milk and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in kulfi moulds and freeze overnight till it sets completely.
For falooda sev
- Mix the cornflour in about 450 ml water to make a smooth solution.
- Now heat the mixture till it starts to boil.
- Stir continuously until the mixture becomes translucent.
- Now remove from flame and let the mixture cool.
- Transfer it to a sev press and squeeze it by hand and make sev into a vessel that contains chilled water and ice cubes.
- Your falooda is ready and it must be kept in water till required.
- Take out the kulfi mould and unmold them by inserting a wooden skewer stick in the center of it and pull it out.
- Put falooda sev in a serving bowl and top it with kesar kulfi and 3 tsp of rose syrup.
- Serve immediately.