Unarguably, health is our greatest wealth! If it’s not good, it will become quite a hassle to accomplish our goals. Amidst the hustle-bustle of life, we often ignore our health which is the biggest mistake that we commit. As a consequence, we become the soft target of the diseases, which disrupts our quality of living to a great extent.
Now, you must be wondering how to keep your body fit and immune against the diseases? Isn’t it? Well, “yoga” is the best answer for your raised concern. It has become an indispensable part of our modern day living that promotes mental and physical well-being of a person.
What is Yoga?
In general, the word “yoga” has Sanskrit origin “yuj” which means to unite.
In the present scenario, Yoga is considered as the best form of exercise that helps us to remain fit and healthy. It is a practice that involves physical exercise, meditation, breath control, and relaxation to build harmony between mind and soul. To take your fitness to the next level, yoga provides magical effect on the entire body.
Read More:Most Common Types of Yoga and Their Benefits
A Brief History of Yoga
The yoga practice has been started thousand years ago since the dawn of civilization. This word was first came into notice in one of the ancient sacred texts called the Rig Veda, which consists of songs and mantras used by the Brahmans. As the years rolled on, it gets divided into classical, post-classical, and modern yoga period that emphasized the importance of this practice.
When is International Yoga Day Celebrated?
The international Yoga day is celebrated on 21st June every year all over the world. Fitness enthusiasts celebrate this day with full spirit by practicing various yoga “asanas” and post videos on social media platforms to create awareness amongst the people. This gives others encouragement to try out these asanas, and adopt a healthy living.
Read More: 7th International Yoga Day: History, Themes & Celebration During Covid-19
Benefits of Doing Yoga Everyday
Yoga comprises of both physical and mental activities that are ideal for keeping the mind and body fit. By practicing it on a daily basis, you can reap a lot of benefits to promote a healthy lifestyle. Let’s take a look at them:
- Relieves Back Ache: Yoga comes as a good news for the people who are quite in distress with problem of back ache. With basic stretching during yoga practice, they will get a relief from the lower back pain, which will improve their mobility.
- Improves Muscle Strength: By doing yoga on a regular basis helps in building muscle strength. It safeguards people against the conditions like arthritis which causes great discomfort to the people. Your body will build a better strength with the help of yoga with proper stretches while exercising.
- Reduces Stress & Anxiety Levels: Stress and anxiety are the silent killers of the modern world. Almost every second person is fighting with this problem. With yoga, it can be treated effectively. It involves deep breathing exercises that help you to focus on your breath, and provides calming sensation.
- Lowers Blood Pressure:
High blood pressure is a serious health problem that maximizes the chances of heart attacks and strokes. The deep breathing exercise in yoga helps to reduce down the high blood pressure. High blood pressure patients are advised to try out specific postures like supported bridge pose, legs up the wall pose, etc., to combat this problem.
- Some Interesting Facts About Dussehra That You Should Know About - October 14, 2021
- Navratri 2021: Important Dates, History, & Significance of this Festival - October 7, 2021
- Gandhi Jayanti 2021: Important Facts About Mahatma Gandhi - October 2, 2021
- Chocolate Modak : Ganesh Chaturthi Special Recipe - September 10, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know About Ganesh Chaturthi 2021 - September 10, 2021
- Sri Krishna Janmasthami 2021: Here is Everything You Need to Know - August 30, 2021
- Raksha Bandhan 2021: Ceremony Timing, Significance and other details of this festival - August 21, 2021
- Tri Color Barfi: Independence Day Special Recipe - August 13, 2021
- Jagannath Rath Yatra 2021: Rituals, Date, Timings & Celebrations During COVID-19 - July 11, 2021
- Mother’s Day Special - June 29, 2021