Newborn Baby (0-3months)
Mother’s Zone congratulates you on entering the wonderful phase of parenthood!
Related Topics :
You, surely, would be feeling extreme happiness, accompanied by loads of responsibilities. In order to help you take care of your newborn baby in the best possible manner, we bring to you some useful tips on newborn baby care – given by our panel of experts.
Read on to find out the right advice and information that can make your life easier in the days to come.
Newborn Baby Care Tips
- From being a scared parent to being a confident one, you can easily go through the transition by following these easy tips on baby care. Learn how can you slide through this phase of your life smoothly and be a proud parent of your little one.
- Make sure that you handle your little baby with absolute care. While taking your child in your hands, carefully support their head and neck. Don’t ever lift your child too high as it is a sure shot invitation to accidents.
- Always wash your hands with a good and gentle soap or use a hand sanitizer before handling your baby. Your baby may not have too strong immunity right after birth. Thus, in order to avoid the possibilities of any infection, don’t forget to clean your hands while handling your baby or feeding them.
- Feed your baby on time. This is, perhaps, one of the most important aspects of caring for a newly born child. For proper growth and development of your child, it is essential that you feed them on time. In case your breasts have become sore after nursing, you can try a cold pack to make things easier for you and your little one.
- Many parents get stressed while trying to figure out how to take care of newborn baby. Just be relaxed and steer clear from confusions. Be in constant touch with your parents and ask them for any advice you may need for your baby’s wellbeing. Be a well-read parent and research on topics you lack awareness about.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. The moment you feel you need some information on any subject related to your baby’s care, ask for help from others without thinking much. Have a candid discussion with your close friends or relatives who have had a good nursing experience or go to a renowned pediatrician to seek assistance on any matter that you are facing difficulties on.
Read More: Winter Care Tips For New Born Baby
Newborn Baby Crying
As a parent, it becomes very important to learn various tips on soothing your new born child when they are crying (even without any reason). So, whenever you encounter the problem of newborn baby crying, follow these easy tips and help your child relax.
- Play some soft music. This will not only help in deviating your child’s attention from crying but will also make them feel relaxed and calm.
- Give your little one a pacifier. This will help your child to relax their stomach and be at peace.
- Massage it right. Babies love to be touched, so giving your crying child a soothing massage may just be the right thing to do. This not only calms them down but also enhances your bonding with your child.
- Make your baby feel warm. Try swaddling your child and hold them close to your body to make them feel the warmth which is akin to a mother’s womb.
Read More: Identify the Crying Signals and Soothe Your Baby Accordingly
Newborn Baby Sleeping
When it comes to baby sleeping, there are several tips that need your consideration. Read on to know about them!
- Ensure that your baby’s crib meets the current safety standards. Go for a high quality crib and make no compromise on the comfort level.
- Experts suggest that the right newborn baby sleeping position is to place the baby on his or her back, not on the stomach or side. Lying on stomach may cause breathing difficulties for your little one and may also get them overheated.
- Have a baby bedtime routine. Let your child observe the little things you do while putting them on sleep and create a comfortable sleeping routine for your little one.
- Keep the lights dim. The environment should be peaceful and should not be too bright that your child feels uncomfortable to sleep.
Read More: Baby Sleep
Improve Your Bonding with Your Newborn
Develop the much coveted bond with your new born by following these suggestions.
- Touch your baby every now and then to give them a feeling of being there. Skin to skin contact is essential for you to bond with your little angel.
- While talking to your baby, develop eye-to-eye contact and communicate with them more effectively.
- Breastfeeding is one of the easiest ways to develop that special bond with your child. This not only provides your baby with nature’s perfect milk but also makes the child recognize your touch and smell, creating an everlasting connection between you and your baby.
- Beauty Tips - July 1, 2021
- Godh Bharai - June 10, 2021
- Fitness & Lifestyle - June 7, 2021
- Mothers Day Special Bollywood Songs - May 10, 2021
- The Brahmani and the Mongoose - May 8, 2021
- Top 10 Healthy Drinks Which Will Slake Your Thirst This Summer - May 7, 2016
- Key Benefits Children Gain from Going to Summer Camp - May 7, 2016
- Navaratri: A Festival of Nine Nights of Fast and Prayer - April 6, 2016
- Baby Girl Names Inspired By Goddess Durga - April 6, 2016
- Smart Saving Plans That Can Secure Your Child’s Future - March 28, 2016